Sunday 19 March 2017

St. Joseph, the Patron of Canada

St. Joseph, Patron of Canada
March 19th is one of the most special days in the Church in Canada. It marks that day on which we celebrate our Patron saint. Most of the country, sadly, will ignore him. Let us not. May St. Joseph bless each and every one of you.

Let us also take a moment to wish our beloved "Papa", Joseph Ratzinger, a blessed Feast Day. 

St. Joseph's Oratory. Montreal
St. Joseph was just, he was immersed in the Word of God, written, transmitted in the wisdom of his people, and precisely in this way was prepared and called to know the Incarnate Word - the Word who came among us as a man - and predestined to care for, to protect this Incarnate Word; this remains his mission forever: to care for the Holy Church and Our Lord. We entrust ourselves in this moment to his care, we pray that he help us in our humble service. We go forward in courage under this protection. 

Pope Benedict XVI, Address, 19 March 2011 

1 comment:

Luciano said...

On the feast day of St Joseph, I had a great blessing given to me as I was completing my annual Novena to this great Saint, I was travelling home to Ontario and was waiting for my plane at the Montreal Airport, being a little early I like to walk around once I find my gate, as I walked to one end of the terminal there was a huge window that opened up to the west side of Mount Royal and the Oratory of St. Joseph, I was stopped in my tracks, looked out the window at this grand site, took out my novena prayer card and prayed for the intercession of this Great Saint